笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Sunday, July 02, 2006

WC update

Time flies...with a blink of the eye, the much anticipated WC 2006 has now reached semi finals stage. Four more matches to go and I regcon each will be a tough game - to play and to bet...hehe.

Looking back the past 2 weeks, so far in this tournament, I have been rather lucky. Because of the very bad experience of being burnt in Korea 2002, I have somehow developed a better sense of detecting upsets...they say you learn more when you fail...that is so true. I have paid the price before and now able to be more sensible in my bets. Both the e-points and real $$.

Also i have promised someone to keep a sum of $$ aside...couple with the e-points betting with a close goup of friends, that is enough to distract me from heavy betting in real dollars.

Betting is a very funny thing...as soon as the greed factor get into the way...one will somehow blind by the potential gains. In this year games, I tried very much to keep away from thinking big gains and just do it for fun sake. Also I tell myself there is a limit and the money is required to use for someything more meaningful and important. Somehow that helped me alot compared to the last WC.

4 more matches to go and I am eexpect to win a couple of lunches in the e-bets. $$$ wise...gained some hard-earn $$ during the last 2 QF days...even though Brazil / Eng / Argentina all crashed out. Maybe will stick to play play mode and try my best to end up in the blue zone fir the WC. At least can buy some lunches for others to celebrate the gains.

last 2 nights had been watching the 11 pm matches at Christof's house. CJ / Kevin was also there and is a good atmosphere where all 4 of us watch and moan and curse and jumping around. Too bad the games did live up to expectation...but the tense moments still come once awhile to prevent us from feeling too sleepy. I enjoyed the baked lemon cake / pizza more then the game actually. hahaha.

With four teams left..i actually fancy Italy vs France in the final...but Germany as the host can very likely to sprung a surprise as well. I guess will just stick to going for both SF matches as draw.

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home