笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Moving House Soon...Again!!!

I am really interested to know if anyone can beats me on the house moving record.

when I was born, we lived in Killiny Road (near Centre Point Singtel Tower - it used to be a old wet market!!). My dad was a shop keeper then and I lived/played there till I was 5.

Then came the 1st move - we bought a 4 room flat at Henderson Cres (near the Delta Sports Complex now). That where I go for Kindergarten education / early Primary school.

Then life gets better and we moved to Jalan Muteria, at River Vally area. Stayed there till I finished my primary school at River Vally. Went to River Valley Sec 1 too.

Then we moved to Toh Tuck Rd, main due to its closer to my 2nd sis's school where she was teaching. I shifted school also to Chinese High. Stayed there for about a year.

Then we moved to Carinhill Rd to stay with my dad's old friend. Stayed there for 2 years. And I was at Sec 4 then.

The rebuilding process starts again when we had our own flat at Tanglin Halt Blk 55. Stayed there for another 2 years - where I completed my A level and NS there.

Then we upgrade to Clementi Ave 3, where we stayed for a long time. I completed my NUS studies there, then started working also. (The flat is selected for en-bloc and will be pull down in 4-5 years time.)

After working for 3 years, it's time to start your own family and we bought a flat at Bukit Gombak. Lived for for only a year - then received notice to be expatriated to UK. So we rented to flat out.

Moved to Wantage (near Abingdon / Oxford) for 27 months. My daughter was born there. Then wife had enough and wanted to come back to Singapore.

Saw the conditions of our rented out flat and almost fainted. So we decided to buy a flat in the vincinity and finally chosen the current flat that we are staying at BB Central. Stayed there for almost 9 years.

Meanwhile I received expratriation notice yet again - this time to Shanghai /China. Wife doesn't want to move anymore so I have to go alone. Got a house in Roman Garden near Hong Qiao area. stayed there for 6 months and company policy changed. So I stayed in hotels instead of house to save cost.

By end of this year, I will move to Yew Tee area. How many times have I moved?? ...I also lost count le. But I am sure this is not the last one...another 10 years later, when the children are old enough and wanted to start their own lives, maybe it's time to shift to a smaller home by then.

Hey, any of you shift house more times than me??

11 Comments:

  • move house frequency also wanna compare...hahaha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:01:00 PM  

  • OMG! u left your footprints everywhere!

    lucky u.. My whole life i'm in ang mo kio.. hee.. The only time i shifted is from the 2nd level to the 7th level, of the same block.. The only thing that improved is the view from the window. Last time see tree trunks. Now can see the leaves..


    anniE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:00:00 PM  

  • Phew!! Just sold my current BB Central flat (21 yrs old) at $391K.
    This potential buyer willining to pay $22 K on top of the valuation of $369K. I am not greedy...darn happy with this deal. Just hope that he dun run away n forfeit the option fee later.

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Friday, August 25, 2006 9:42:00 AM  

  • Yo....congrats on the sale of ur house...haha. I shifted house 4 times....from the serangoon in the north, to buona vista, then to Clementi Ave1 and finally to West Coast....where I have been staying for 10years le. Guess I will be staying here for the next 5yrs....then hopefully i can afford my own house... :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 25, 2006 11:01:00 PM  

  • I'm Lim Han....forgot to sign off juz now..haha. Paiseh

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 25, 2006 11:02:00 PM  

  • 1 qn, have u ever stayed in a church? if not, then ur house moving record is not as impressive as mine !!

    BEBE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:54:00 AM  

  • Oh no wonders...It becomes so clear...every thing makes sense now some how.....hahahaha

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:31:00 PM  

  • 1. Jalan Sia Her Yam
    2. Buloh Kasap
    3. 7, Jalan Nagasari 1
    4. 15,Jalan Nagasari 1
    5. 24, Jalan Nagasari 7
    6. 9, Jalan Nagasari 9
    7. 3, Jalan Nagasari 9
    8. 29, Jalan Putra
    9. Clementi Ave 4
    10. Clementi Ave 3
    11. Prince Geoge's Park

    Hmmm...let's see...moved 11 times and i'm still in my 20's...Yeah!!! I win!!!

    By Blogger Joelle, at Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:39:00 PM  

  • Hey hey..the part on Jalan Nagasari very suspectable leh...u playing hide and seek in the neighbourhood ah?? or act like a runaway child??? hahahaha.

    No wonder we always fight to build the longest road in Settlers!!! there seems to be an explaination now.

    Well i guess you beat me to it this time. hehe

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:57:00 PM  

  • -.-"

    By Blogger Joelle, at Thursday, September 07, 2006 5:55:00 PM  

  • Sir, u n Joelle like owe loan shark money... lolx... keep moving house to run away from them. hahah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, September 16, 2006 4:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home