笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Nu-goggle

It's near holidays again and I can go swimming with Yi Fan again. This time we choose to swim in the early evening before we had our dinner. It is a bit warmer and less of a resistance for me to dip into the pool at the beginning of swim.

Never realised that I actually had been using my swimming goggle for 17 years. It is TYR goggle with degrees so that short sighted people like me can see much clearer in the water while swimming. When I bought it back then, my short sightedness was only 400 -500 degrees. After all these years, now I actually need almost double in specs but I never change the goggle as it still serve me well in the basic functions.
But as the years goes by, the rubber band of the goggle actuallu get oxidised and lose flexibility and became abit sticky too. So it's any time that it may give way...
Not surprisingly during lap 6 of my swim today I felt a snap around my head and i understand that rubber and gave way and broke. Had to stop and readjust the goggle. Luckily, I found out that I can still make it work by applying pressing the goggle hard onto my fack and creat a suction around my eye area.
With that impromptu improvisation, I actually managed to finish the remaining 4 laps of my swim with the goggle clinch onto my face without the band nicely!!




Nothing really happens...but it's just that I suddenly though of a term for my new found technique of using the goggle - The term "NU-GOGGLE" suddenly come to my mind...I some how cannot help but burst out laughing while I am swimming and also drank a big mouthful of pool water.
But dun think this Nu goggle will work forever...so it's time to ditch it and go to buy myself a proper NEW goggle.
----------------------------------------------------------
Here are our NEW TYR goggles...AWESOME!!!! things are suddenly crystal clear in water now.

6 Comments:

  • U look great with that goggle..no need to change :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:40:00 PM  

  • hey Mr Goh! and everybody who reads this...

    i think you're lucky to have a son who follows you in the activities you like. that includes tutoring him maths. hee...

    btw, i LUV the multi-coloured paper roses you passed me! wee! now got more colour, can form colourful bouquet! THANK YOU!!! do share the rest of the box with your students. I didnt take the whole box cuz when you have more paper roses, you can make more (female) students thrilled! like ME!!! hee...

    ok, now back to webcast...hahaha

    take care Mr Goh and everybody else!

    kopisoh :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, October 21, 2007 12:22:00 AM  

  • WAHAHAHAHAHA Buai tahan!! So funny!! You could make this nu-goggle for product and creativity module!! Scarely get AD sia!!!hahahahaha~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, October 21, 2007 9:33:00 PM  

  • NU goggles.. nice one!! haha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, October 22, 2007 4:55:00 AM  

  • LOLx...............

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, October 22, 2007 3:49:00 PM  

  • Seriously I wonder y ladies would choose to use the NU-product. It felt so insecure!!!

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Monday, October 22, 2007 8:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home