笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1st encounter with the Year 1 P1 class

With our school COP dropping year by year, feedback from the year 1 lecturers are getting more and more predictable and the mid term onwards. The current batch seems to surpass the standard of the previous batch year after year, without surprises.


The ongoing joke in the department now is the the CEP lecturer needs to explain the concept of density using 3 lectures. They are also more noisier nowadays.


With a quick glance into the paper survey / findings of parents expectation : their favourite course for thir children to take up nowadays : BUSINESS. No wonder the science / engineering COP now is way way higher compared to business/ marketing / finance courses!! It seems like only the nardy and the wierdy choose us now...more of the latter I'm afraid...


Well you really can't blame the parents can you? Who wouldn't want their children to be towkays and drive merzs and be the CEO / CFO / UFO etcetc.


Anyway...today I had my 1st encounter with the 1st year students during their electives invigilation. They are really some interesting characters among them!!



4 of them fall straight into sleep and wake up only 1 min per 10 min sleep type of pattern. (They must be the rabbits among the tortoise, such non challenging elective test papers are really no kick for them. Maybe the FPM or RS papers in year 2 will excite them abit more.) Too bad I can take pictures to show you that really funny gang of 4.


1 can't stop talking and I had to stop him using the mike...

1 wore 2 big bangles and generated contant metal knocking noise throughout the test...i wonder if she wear these during lectures...




1 spend 1 hour totally engrossed in drawing the following picture...I dun think it's Obama...maybe some bollywood star whom I dun recognise....she flip over and write whenever I walk pass...Thinking back I should have stand there all the time, maybe then she can write more rather than draw more...

I ask my wife who she think is the character...she says it must be JChrist. Cheeky!! My son says he is F Torres.








Can't wait to meet them in year 3....if they survive year 2 1st of course...god bless...amibuddah!!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home