笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Monday, November 24, 2008

Age of Progressive (lens)

Since I was pri 6, I started to wear specs and each year, I have to spend about $300-400 easily on spec degree change or brokeage. Only recently when I do sports less and the near sighted degree have stabilised...my specs bills are abit less than usual.

As far back as about 4 years ago I have started to experience in difficulty in reading. My eyes just cant seemed to be able to focus as sharply ...even in close distance ..as before. Went to the the optician and was told that I was starting to experience the symtoms of "老花".

However, at that point the diagnostic of my eyesight is still rather light in term of the degree so no real need to change my spec to bi-focal/progressive lens yet. It will be changing so wait for it to be stabilise.

So after 4 years, while to notice the drgree actually went deeper n deeper, I have to adjust my spec to my eye distance in order to read in close range. So much so that now the spec have to be at the end of my nose tip now in order to read clearly!! So i think it's about time to get the progressive lens prescribed.


And only then I realise such lenses are NOT cheap!! Biofocal have a ugly line in the middle and are cheaper but the progressive (without line) costs $600!! wow!!...imagine I drop my specs while playing sports...really an expansive exercise.

Law of anti gravity ah- what ever comes down will 1 day goes up again....v true... in terms of my spec bills.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home