笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Christof's Wedding Dinner @ Yatch Club







































It was actually a rather stressful evening for me - being the ameturish MC of a friend's wedding dinner.

Only 2 days ago I was told in more details about the wedding proceedings. And only at that time the real stress starts to set in.

I spent the whole weekend scribing the speech and looking up and down for wedding jokes / stories / touching things to say during various stages of the night.

Remember a month ago, when I am presenting the WITs team project, big big boss told me to scribe my speech down for consistency 3 times and i pretend to forgot about it. Now it's a friend's wedding dinner and I am panicking...omg...I am getting my priorities wrong in life!!!

So in the end I start my speech as : "One of the reasons Christof picked me as the MC...is because I am a Hainanese...in the local dialect circle, we are known as the Chinese German."

Tried 3 sentances of German in my speech also. The German tutor gave up on me I guess...she told me that : " well I guess a German will be able to understand what u are trying to say."

This is the wedding joke that I used :

"A Man merres a woman...hopeing that after the marriage, she will never ever change a bit.
Woman marries a man...hoping she can slowing change him bit by bit...for the better.
It the end...both are equally dissappointed."

By the cake cutting part, I discovered that I was actually sweating uncontrollably and my new shirt is soaking wet. The last time like that is during the CNY gathering...

There is abit of hiccups here n there...because Christof do not believe in reharsal...but in the end I would say it was a very enjoyable night for all. The food is fantastic and weeding cake baked by Christof's mum is very delicious too!

I managed to get a chance to sip some champane due to my duty as MC too. A bonus.

Christof was a busy and tired man that night. He was abit dissappointed that many left so early...by 10pm.

Cannot understand his mum but from the way she was gaticulating...she may be saying that :
"hey, this is the time we suppose to listen to music and dance the night away for a wedding dinner."

Christof passed me a surprise gift the next day...Settlers boardgame!!!
Consider that as a handsome reward for a amaturish performance. Hope he does have a better MC in Germany. Good luck Christof!!

6 Comments:

  • Invite us over for a settler's game at your new house!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:00:00 PM  

  • done!! ahahah
    Shulin / shiling / shufang / tianlin / LiLin drop by and we played the 1st settlers game.

    Cant wait for the new home lah.
    in the end Shulin won by a whisker!!! I needed a brick card to win...by tianlin nv roll 8 or 10...instead i traded cards with shulin and she peeped ahead and reach 10 points. :(

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Friday, September 08, 2006 10:07:00 PM  

  • Wah, they have time to come over ah.. Never mind, got chances one!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, September 08, 2006 10:20:00 PM  

  • Hi Mr GOH,
    How haf u been? it has been long. wow, all the while i had thought mr christof luda is married... lolx. seems to haf lost contact with all the lecturers... it seems reading ur blog is the onli way to stay updated the sch. will find 1 day to go visit u lecturers with my classmates, but onli when i go back sg for holiday, probably in late dec. Hopefully it won't happened to be a sch term break then.

    do take care, cya soon
    WenQiang

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, September 16, 2006 4:54:00 PM  

  • WenQiang,
    nice to know you are still reading my blog...
    if u r dropping by in Dec...better call / SMS us b4 coming ah...it's leave clearing time!!

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Monday, September 18, 2006 8:07:00 AM  

  • arguedas library kluwer check hastings quadruples ankita judging nasdaq deepening influenza
    servimundos melifermuly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, January 26, 2010 12:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home