笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Friday, February 23, 2007

RS or IS??

Next semester CL2308 RS will be involved in the pilot i-book scheme. I need to get some e-Learning materials done to be ready for that. I decided to engage the help / outsource the task with a few students who are going to Uni / not actively looking for a full time job / willing to spare some to do part-time work for the next couple of months.

After asking around, finally got student S agreed to work on this p/t job. I think I should be happy and relieved as she is one of the top students. If I am not wrong RS she also get Distinction too! looks like piece of cake to get this job done in no time.

Met her in my office, sat down and explained to her what I wanted for the 5 chapters...
chapter 1 reaction rates
chapter 4 PFTR
chapter 7 chain reaction
chapter 9 catalyst
chapter 10 polymerisation

blah blah blah... blah blah blah...(meanwhile she was happy munching my chocolates away)

then of course come the suprise of the day : finally she ask one question :

" Sir, am I doing the RS (reactior system) or the IS (Industrial safety) ah?? "

I almost fall off my chair!!! (Student A, which is in my room can be my witness and also laugh until cannot stang up straight).

Alamak, I think this time I 上了贼船 !!!

Which of course reminds me of Student J last year who was working with me for FYP for reactor optimisation.

Get her to the lab , explain to her on the batch reactor hardware setup, how to take reading, why we need to improve, how to ascertain the data, when is the limit reach, how to reconfirm data etcetc ...

then of coure when I ask her if she have any question, she finally asked:

" Er...Is concentration equals to flow? "

I remembered I have no appitite for lunch that afternoon, and I have no appitite for lunch today either. I think I will be able to cut off 2 ines off my waistline the semester break working with student S this 2 months...really looking to slim down...

Not only that...I think I have alot to write in my blog also...readers....u all should really thanked her ah....

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home