笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Monday, February 12, 2007

Safety Exam Invigilation

Just completed safety exam this noon, I really ought to start marking the answer scripts but suddenly feeling like writing some thoughts of mine down before the urge goes away...

As usual - I prepared mentos for the students as energy booster,(or morale booster). This semesrter at least there is an appreciative students C approached me and says "thanks for the mentos, it helps". On the other hand of course there is some that eat finish the mentos and 拍拍屁股 leave the wrappings on the table without claering them in the end.

Then when time to start the exam - Student Z was missing. Called her and she say dunno the location, went to Block S instead of block G. Told her to run like crazy and she finally reached sports hall zone 3 27 mins late...phew!! talk about just in time.

(of course she was not all time worst...student K was still asleep when I call her a yaer ago!!)

then there is this blur king student J - already missed some common test questions by not checking the no. of sheets / questions properly each time, cursed n swaer at himself only after the events...then try to be funny and submit 40 mins early. I repeated warn him about his common repeated error and he was visibly shanken and agree to check 1 more time...sure enough he miss 1 section of 10 marks again!!! Talk about learning your lesson through bad experience...

Then there is this student M, who is in my personal opinion liked to be spoonfed - he was sitting at the back and wave frantically to highlight me to go over to collect his paper. While walking there he wave intermittenly at leat 4 times!! And i decided to turn back mid way and sit on the front roll then. He have no choice to walk all the way up front to submit the paper himself...then I make him walk 1 more big round as he did not fill in the cover page correctly.


As the stdents are all busy doing the qusetions, this was the time I play a little game with myself. I would go down the roll of students and ask myself 1 by 1 what is the students name. This is a test / reflection of how well I know the class by the end of term. Usually I got 70% correct and another 25% need some cheating from the name list. I was also starring into their face very hard, knowing that if I still cannot remember their face/name...most likely that I will forget them soon and forever liao.

Then I got this shock that I came across the student L - I look hard into his face , look at the name list, then look into the face again, and I HAVE NO IDEA HE WAS MY STUDENTS!!! NEITHER THE FACE NOR NAME RING A BELL!!!

Abit sad about this...or he is very good in staying away from me .. or maybe it's me getting old....

Well...just to share my thoughts during invigilation today...now to start the slaughter!!! (marking paper).

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home