笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Monday, November 27, 2006

哀。。。莫大于心死

Today is really a very bad day to fall sick.

My friend once told me that easiest time to fall ill is when one starts to exercise after a long lay off, or the reverse that one starts to be lazy and relax after constant exercise.

I guess he was right, my body is not ready for such vigorous exercise after 6-8 months lay off.

Had quite a bad sore throat, though it got better after downing plaenty of 穿心莲 pills to reduce the throat pain. But it progress to the next stage where I have a lot of phlems and started to cough easily once I talk.

Worse still...It's Monday - 1 hour safety lecture 9-10 am, 2 hours RS lecture 11-1pm and 4 hours of presentation / lab tour explaination to the VIP visitors 1-4 pm in the afternoon straight after the RS lecture.

I decided to talk less in the safety lecture by showing the safety videos. Can start teaching them water treatment on Fri, no problem.

In the RS lecture, I have only thermal effect to cover, and 50% is a repeat from last week. I decided to tell them i have a bad throat and have another long day ahead, telling them upfront that the lecture part will only take about 30mins. Hence in return I hope they can quiet down and listen ans concentrate for just 30 mins and we can call it off a day.

In the end I was dissappointed that the deal was not struck. My own PEM gruop was talking away in the right corner and rather loudly too. Despite the plea upfront by the PEM, it seems to have no effect at all to student Z /T / W and afew more.

Still remember 1 year agao I really give a go at my own PEM student Z n the gang. But this time, though deeply dissappointed, I was not angry. We are not that close to be angry at them. Instead...a tinge of sadness flow through my heart.

PEM meetings was not missed, I still gave treats to the them each sessions, eat pizza / fondue / went bowling, play some magic tricks etc. Despite constantly turning up in the sessions, a couple of students somehow chose to not change their beheaviours in front of their PEM's lecture. I guess this is their true character??

Sure some of them may have gd acad results but like I always say : students with gd results sre not necessary gd students, in fact...quite afew are very selfish students. They think of only themselves and not others.

Anyway, we shall see what happen next week...need to scold...I will still scold.

3 Comments:

  • Mr Goh.... sorry lei.. cause we study PIC test the day before until very late den feel very tired so some of the classmates were talking during your lecture ( lee ying, christina, nantiaah, huda, evlyn)... sorri abt it... we buy you coffee can ma? we really very sorri abt it... you free on 28/11/06 after 5pm ma...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:01:00 AM  

  • 会骂人代表还没对他们死心!
    教书要加油!

    =) anniE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:14:00 PM  

  • I am now busy clearing leave / prepare to move house so will be away from office most of the times...unless there is lessons on.
    Fri will be in school...evening have to leave on the dot at 5 as there is an outing with the 3rd year pbp students for Swensen meal + settlers already.

    by next weeek...haha..i think i forgot about the whole thing already. :)

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006 1:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home