笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Life is actually ....ONE BIG FAT ZERO!!

Many of u have read my previous 3- stage life cycle theory. That one i heard from someone else...so not really generated through my own. But this following one...I think it is my life sublimation theory. This is what my conclusion is after living and experiencing life after so many years :

LIFE ...IN THE END ...IS ...ONE BIG FAT ZERO

In other words...You Gain some...You will Lose some. That simple.

Life is fair...u choose to do whatever you deem happy...but along the way...you get what you want in life and don't ever forget that by doing that...you will also lose something along the way too!!!

So really in the end...when u add all things / dimensions up in the life at any stage of you life...it's basically all cancel out each others and back to the original stage...one big fat zero. It's actually a zero sum game.

Imagine many people wasting their youth to persue wealth, in the end have to spend $$ trying to regain the youth later...one always dun realise the preciouslness of this when they have...only to treasure them later when they lost it.

As soon as I recognise this...some how it helps me to mellow down abit in life. I take things alot more easy. I tends also to look at the reverse angle :

When you lose something...don't just focus on the lost...think a bit harder...u actually realise that you actually gain ssomething in return also!!!! So dun be too overly in grief...think on the bright side too!! Remember - you actually learn more when you lose

Of course I do not want all of you youngster to slow down and heck care...please continue to persue your dreams. I have gone through the rat race myself, and finally realise this concept on my own actualisation. Dun use this to find excuse not to do well, that is not my aim.

But rather, maybe use it to be more generous / magnanimous and take losing a bit better in life. Enjoy the process and not focus too much on the results...results can be summarise in different ways!! So there is actually no clear winner or losers...there is price to pay in each ways as they turn out actually.

Life is a careful balance of work/friends/family/self persue...if one concentrate too much on one...will easily pay the price of loosing the other aspects...that's when the imbalance stress starts to set in.

So take things in moderation and widen your scope of definition of win/lose. In chinese we say "看开" and "中庸".

Again this is in my mind for a long time and I am glad that I have the energy and time during this term break to write this down and share my thoughts with you. Well...if you don't understand or don't agree...it's OK...just my funny thoughts.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home