笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

"GHH BOOK PRIZE" FOR DIST STUDENTS

Starting 2 semesters back , I began to award my CL3301 module distinction students with a small gift as an appreciation for their commitment to safety.

So far I have bought 3 different books for them to choose from...
1. Rules of Life / 2. Rules of Work / 3. Word Power Made Easy.

Don't think they are ready for (4. rules of management) yet...even I myself are not ready also...haha.





















The main intention is to reward the deserved students, also introduce these books to them so as to better prepare them for life / work (pbp / uni life coming!!) and also perhahs also the dreaded english test in Uni.

Here are the past receipiants:
o4S2 winners - Anna / Shirley (Given out late..when they are about to leave NYP to join uni)
05S1 winners - LSL / Maryam / TPL / Aishah (lucky batch to get 4 A*)
05S2 winners - Justin / JingHui / Cynthia / ShaoYi (actually 3 A* eventually only...but i still gave 4 books anyway)
06S1 winners - Sarah Maria / Annie / YaLing (Actually Sarah took so much choc from me, I should pass her my bills instead of the book)

The 2 rules book are very well written and organised...so the readers can slowly digest each rule at their own pace...without rushing through the book. I still have not finished the books myself.

However, though it's good eye opener and life skills enrichment, I must say that not all the rules in the book I will adhere to...for example - there is a rule which the author call for :
GET CLOSE TO THE HIGHER MANAGEMENT - yes if you really wanted to scale the corporate ladder...for me I am stubborn and cannot and do not want to get recognise by this route. So on contrary ...I tend to get closer to the ground level instead. That's me.

For the English book ...it's actually my very 1st english improvement book I read when I was in the army. It was a great help to raise my English standard to the next level. (Haha...i can imagine some of you will say....wah...like that also next level ah?? just how low is your original level?...all I can say is ...I'm a chinese helicopter...very very low!!)

I thought of passing this book to some of them who wanted to improve their English too. However, Rome is not built in afew days and I am not really sure it can help them much within a short period of time. But still it is a good book and I really hope they do have the will to go through and adsorb it.

Dear students, have you finished reading the books? Or still working on it?? or was it sitting in your book shelf collecting dust?? Or already dump into the "Round black folder" for good??

Let me know... :) ....if no use I better try other books le...

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home