笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I. T. E.

All of you who enjoyed watching Jack Neo's I Not Stupid will probably remember very well what does I.T.E. stands for in the movie. Now it's also ITE for my blog...finally.

Started writing Chinese blog exactly 1 year ago, to recount my funny stories in China and places I've been to and friends that I've met the 5 years I spent there. I think my friends in PRC kind of enjoyed them. However, they prefer to write me seperate e-mail to tell me their thoughts rather than putting those comments in my blog. They are also having problem to access blogspot...so for a period of time...I double my entries in MSN to the to read them abit easier.

I also started to write more about myself, my life and my current job. This is a way to reach out to my students and share some of my views/situational stories/photos with them. I have viewers from various years, including the pioneer batch students, even though I never have a chance to know some of them too well. Most of my readers are of course the CP03 classes, which I teach them for year 1 to year 3 without fail.

Also started to have new viewers from the current 3rd year...I guess they are more comfortable with me after going through the PBP / Safety moudule, rather then the very theoretical "xiong" reactor systems moudule in year 2.

I then swtiched to English blogging after the Graduation of 03 class in June. One is of course my China stories were finished, also to save me time from writting/editing chinese. I enjoyed the experience very much but cannot afford the time to try to perfect my entry. Switching to English really save me alot of time as I don't really worry to much about the grammar part.

For the last couple of months, then I try to concentrate on the stories in the current school life andfriends/ students around me. I write about pbp / graduation / viva / 4-balls / settlers / NUS / paper marking ...and afew of my own believes.

1 year on...101 entries later...I.T.E.

For my 1st 60 entries I complied into a CD and gave to the grduating class. Actually thinking of comiling into a booklet...but the cost is just too prohibitive...so I eventually dropped the idea and go the E- way.

Really want to thank you for your kind support...u know where to find me if u stil want to talk.

Really have not much new topics to continue to drag on...and also, i figure out that if i am going to write, I might as well write for some pocket money. :)

Thanks for my army buddy Benjamin who introduce me to this potential lobang. So I will be moving on...still wondering when will be my very first commercial article will be...still at discussion stage...so hope it can materialise. A bit weary...but I guess I will try my best.

Good luck to all and take care, and keep in touch too!...signing off...yours truely.

10 Comments:

  • "Really want to thank you for your kind support...u know where to find me if u stil want to talk."

    talk ar.. hmmm.. not v sure about that. But look for u for chocolates.. DEFINITELY will. hee..

    ya thankew for entertaining us for the past one year =)

    anniE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, October 22, 2006 12:03:00 AM  

  • thanks for blogging.. keep me entertain for e past year.. keep in contact..

    thanks a lot...

    By Blogger mUiMui, at Sunday, October 22, 2006 8:48:00 PM  

  • sad to hear that ur blogging is closing down but i hope that there will be a part 2 coming in the near future. hehe. take care. cya.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, October 23, 2006 1:47:00 AM  

  • hey.. mr goh, it's me LSL again.. quite a few of entries i didn't give my comments, but that doesn't mean i didn't read them. I do read ur blog during my breaks. Yes, this is how i start doing my tutorials: firstly, play a game of settlers, secondly, check hotmail, thirdly, check yahoo mail, last but not least, read ur blog and also my friend's. AND FINALLY, i start doing my tutorials!! haha... looks like i have wasted quite some time already.. but some how it has already become a daily rountine, u know........ so now that u are going to stop blogging, my stable daily rountine has been disrupted! must find other source of entertainment and stress-releasing method.. haiz.. Lastly is to thank u for your efforts in trying to think of entries that interest us and sharing your interesting stories and also entries which i can laugh about others!! hahaha.. dun worry, i know where to look for u! hee..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, October 23, 2006 6:10:00 PM  

  • thanks for being my faithful reader...it's just that I am really trying v hard to think of interesting things to write about...so best to rest and re-direct my energy to the new lobang for awhile 1st.

    just when i thought I can rest...now suddenly think of a important topic hav't write yet...
    2007 graduation tour!!! is Mar 07 ok for the nus / ntu ppl??

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Monday, October 23, 2006 8:06:00 PM  

  • NO~~~~~ dun go~~~ *sob*

    anyway take care and keep us update thru other means =)

    LYL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, October 23, 2006 10:43:00 PM  

  • OMG...is tis the end? aiyo...realli like tat ah..no interesting entries to read already..nxt time where got entertainment?? where to find u??? Thank you sir for ur entertaining entries..u should try a 'most popular entry' voting before u end..

    ZGL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:11:00 AM  

  • Haiyo Sir...again ar? No need to stop blogging one. Just rest for a while and continue later. Just like me...never quite blogging ...just never update only ma...=P

    By Blogger Joelle, at Tuesday, October 24, 2006 4:55:00 PM  

  • hmmm... 2007 graduation tour in mar is not ok for NTU and NUS students leh... it's our school term... =(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, October 25, 2006 7:58:00 PM  

  • The poly semester has been pushed foreword further and the final yr students are basically free to look for job / tour by end feb...many of the guys wanted to have fun b4 being drafted into the army...so they rather want to di this in Mar rather than take the chance of being dissapointed later being called into NS early.

    We have have 3 weeks to discuss / think about other options and they will have to vote n decide...then we shall see what is the group's decision...

    But no worry...Lee Teng is suggesting we can also plan for a day trip or 2D 1 N trip to kukup in Jun anyway...chean n convinient and they have been there n like tt too...will let u all know later.

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Thursday, October 26, 2006 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home