笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

WITS Settlers meeting

For those of you who knows how to play CATAN the Settlers, you will probably understand some of the phrases described in the following article. And I do hope you find my writing amusing. Er...for those of you who don't know how to play th Settlers...go learn !!

It was the departmental WITS team meeting this afternoon and I had a very good idea of what and how the meeting is all about...the night before I quickly go through and revised the detail rules of the Settlers ...to make sure I am well prepared for the various options i have and geared myself for this exercise.

So the meeting went exactly according my expected way...me and Alvin are now the 2 WITS team leaders stuck in the island of CPT and have to scramble for the available resourses we can get hold of to reach the final goal...

We rolled the dice - and it was clear that Alvin team had the bigger number so they will have to do the next project first. Lucky start for this session.

Then my turn came; In order to have a head-start, I buy a development card and it was as such :

" I would like to retained my old members BBB and CCC, they have work very hard during the last project and derserve a good rest and will want them start off the next project after the other team." (Year of Plenty - take any 2 resources of my choice).

Then it's Alvin's turn and he wanted DDD - "he is full of ideas and made a good team member."
(Woa Liao!!! He took my gold mine - the ORE card is now gone!!)

"EEE is very good at computers stuff...will help my team stronger to prepare for presentations and reports." (after loosing the ore hexagon I quickly place my settlement in the BRICK hexagon)

"FFF is good at Chemistry and can help to solve the smell problem in the coming project..."
(The hair colour of him reminds me of WHEAT...hee)

"GGG is a team player and nice to work along...pleasure to have him in my team"
(Nice n friendly??? I just got myself a SHEEP card!!!)

Then we went on for another few rounds to get ourselves more resources... now come the more interesting part...trading!!!

"HHH and JJJ is very very busy with their coming projects, wish not to burden them with extra WITs duty." (I think the CPT island is full of WOOD resource, exchange 4 to 1 also the banker dunt want to acccept).

"KKK - why don't you take him in your team? My team is full now"
(Wah - Alvin use robber!!!! He also afraid he kenna 7 if he has more than 8 cards...)

"Really i perfer a small and compact team,"
(I have to use my another development card - SOLDIER!!!)

Finally I suggested to limit our team member to 8 rather than 10. Managers and both team leaders agreed.
(Trimming down of more WOODs cards)

"Alvin - can I trade LLL plus MMM with your NNN with PPP?"
(Need more Ore to upgrade to city!!!)

"Are U Crazy!!! No Deal!!!)
(Hey Alvin - stick tyo settlers - dun get distracted by the TV show)

After 1 hour of trading, both team finally settled with they resourses in hand and seem happy. I think both teams are now strong and very balanced...i guess we both reach 10 points at the same time and should be win - win.

Never had such a fun meeting in my life - let along here for a long long time. How I wish every meeting is like that. During the course of negotiations, Alvin and I, who both played settlers, wink and laugh off wildly during the trading session, the managers had no idea what we are laughing at...

Dun think I will able to write another hilirious article like this for a long long time...enjoy reading while u can. :)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home