笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Friday, May 18, 2007

长江后浪推前浪

Times flies. It's now week 5 and it's time for Safety SCBA lab practical lessons again. This semester I am lucky to take 2 classes for tutorials, which allow me to cover 66% of the program. In this way I will have cloaser contact with them and also will have a better feel of their understandings during tutorials.

I always like conducting SCBA donning practise. It's so rare to have a Lab which can be fill with laughters and enjoyment yet it's something everyone can try individually and last but not least..it's useful too.
They are a lucky bunch...as every semester goes by..there will be new jokes / points to note / past incidents to add onto the teaching instructions. Now that the steps are very clearly defined and with so many mistakes / incidents that their seniors made are highlighted to them, they become rather good at it in a shorter time.


Took picture for each group after each round, this will come in handy when preparing for the graduation photos later...they probably didnt't realised the imprtance of such pictures till later stage.



Then of course comes the highlight of the day...the class elect 2 best stydents to have a competitionwith me for the donning speed race. I msut sat for the past 3 years I had it rather easy and win all those competition rather easily. Micky gave me a good fight last semester...the difference is only thenth of a seconds i think.
That's why my guards are abit down this year...I now treat it as a fun session to spend with the students rather than thinking too much about the competition. and guess what - I WAS BEATEN IN BOTH OF THE SESSIONS IN THE DONNING COMPETITION!!!!
No excuses...but to look at it at another angle, I should be happy that the students are getting better - meaning that Iam doing a better job at the instructions stage right?
A coach don't have to beat his players at the skills ...but to pass on to him what he knows about and push them to their own hights / limits. In he is capable in doing so...I guess one can argue that the coach is successful. Agree?
Or simply put in another way - I old alreday.

For got to tell them b4 the cpmpetition...those dare to win will have 5 marks deducted.

Maybe next semester I will ask the class to nominate the worst 2 to compete with me instead...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home