笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Course on : PROACTIVE TIME and STRESS MANAGEMENT

Attended this course in SIM by Michael Podolinsky. This is the 3rd workshop I have gone through with Michael and I knew these two days will be fun fill and inspiring. Those who missed my blog previously may not know he is the teacher who inspired me and showed me the door into using magic in teaching. I have entered the door after he show me and used them regularly in my lessons since then.

I showed him by Chinese blog during one of the breaks and explained the 2 paragraghs of what I had written in my blog and thanked him for showing me the way. he in turn shoke my hand and just smiled and said :"that make my day!!"

As usual enjoyed the two days with him and picked up quite afew points / actions to follow and take actions. Hopefully these actions will translate into better delivery of lessons and personally for me - better time amangeemnt and less stress.

Reading through the notes at home now again. Below are some summarised extracts I think might be useful to share here:

TIME is the single most perishable item in life!!! Once it's gone/used/wasted, you will not be able to take it back ever again. You have 1440 mins /day...invest them to achieve your goals.

TIME is NOT MONEY....TIME is LIFE!!! people asking if they can take 30 mins of your time is actually taking 30mins of your life!!! you must consider seriously and carefully if that is worth your life.

Parkinson's Law : Every task will expand itself to fill up the time allowed to it. If u never set deadlines...it will expand itself and will eventually take forever.

Success hirachy : HARDWORK 10%
EDUCATION 20%
RESPONSIBILITY 30%
RISK 40%!!!

CAREFUL SETTING OF LIFE QUEST can open opportunities...instead of chasing $$ / car / condo, if changed it to : Change someone's life - then suddenly whole new meanings and oppurtunities will come to one's mind. Quest do change with life. Currently my life quest is : Be one who will inspire others to discover fun in learning. Maybe will change to condo later....hahahha.

Program the pain 1st!! Do the most difficult one in the priority list 1st and enjoy the rest of the day.

FEAR - False Evidence Apperaing Real. If you worry, that simply means you did not prepare well for it.

If you can do something about your worry / fear - then do it now.
If you cannot do something - then no point wasting energy worrying about it. In either way, there is no fear.

Wanna make someone never late again?? ask him / her to say it to all who were on time : "I am sorry that I am incompetent in running my life". Those who were constantly late : have to make them realise that they valuse their own life than others life (time).

Monetary value of my life : went through the calculation : I am worth $160/hr. Nothing compared to Bill Gates of course...

Money is NOT the root of all evil. The LOVE of $$ is the root.

Did a lifespan estimation : i can life up to 84....hahahahahBut if one can visualise he live to 100...he most probably will.

"After me -...YOU COME FIRST!" Cool!!

Managed to write down 10 action items to follow up after this course :

1. Get a container of life. this will be one of my CCA activities with the 3rd year students next semester.

2. Set up a monthly / weekly master to do list / ABC them.

3. set 9.30-11 am as my marvel time daily...now is term break so it is best time to practise this.

4. Update my word puzzle data bank with more quotes.

5. Get more sleep at night and watch less TV...will not sleep later than 1am.

6. Read the articles in the DVD and hightlight them and compile them.

7. Go for ppt / typing course to up my efficiency in life.

8. Get a apple Mac pro and learn ...$5500 with upgrade to 4GB...(abit too ex??)


Towards the end of the course I seek Michael advise...asking him if it is wrong to be happy with one's current job and resist change..instead try do be better and better? Seem as lack of ambition? He says no...it means that u have found your niche...thing one passionately embrace and there should be no guilt.

that make my day too.

10 Comments:

  • You are lucky to meet Michael Podolinsky. But I am lucky to meet you! Haa..
    I agree to what you said "TIME is LIFE!"
    I'll stop wasting my life from now on

    By Blogger Karung Guni Queen, at Thursday, August 16, 2007 12:38:00 AM  

  • Hi Mr. Goh,

    It's reli reli great tt ive read tis article fr u. Its a v good motivation for me to in pursuing my future life! Yup... Time is reli sth v precious... Tnx for inspiring me!

    annac

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:33:00 AM  

  • Hey Anna / JH...it so nice to know both of u still drop by and read my blog after all these years...and leave me comments to encourage me to continue too. Hope u enjoy reading and gain something useful along the way too!! Cheers.

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Thursday, August 16, 2007 2:52:00 PM  

  • This blog entry comes really at an appropriate time for me :-)
    Thanks for sharing all those pointers. It really set me thinking. hehhh

    Student S

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, August 18, 2007 8:50:00 PM  

  • sometime i wonder.. is watching tv and rotting at home a waste of life?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:32:00 PM  

  • Well U need to know what U want to achieve in life or immediate goals.

    If your goals is like making $1M in 5 years...or to make 100 new friends a year or just to complete uni studies in 3 yesr time etc...

    Then u ask yourself...is what you are doing now helping you to achieve your goals? And is your goal beachive at all? If Yes...ok...carry on...you are in control of what u want to be. If No? then maybe it time to cut away items that DONT help.

    What's your goals rabbit? only you can answer it yourself.

    my goals is to be 1 that inspire others to discover to fun side of learning...that give me excuse to spend $$ on magic tricks...heehee

    If yes..

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Monday, August 20, 2007 8:04:00 AM  

  • I AM BACK, wahahaha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 20, 2007 8:31:00 PM  

  • Oh my. tought you played too much and got MC today!! Get back to work!!!

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Monday, August 20, 2007 9:33:00 PM  

  • Mr Goh,
    Thanks for sharing good points with us. I agree with Parkinson's Law. But I would like to thank most is "The Secret". I do think that help me alot.

    PY

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, August 22, 2007 9:14:00 AM  

  • hahahahaha...1 man honey is the other man's poison...yes some found it very useful but also some found it rather boring.

    Dun take 100% of that..there are some - oversensationalisation in the DVD...but my primary aim of sharing with u is just want u all to be +ve thinking and have a vision.

    glad that it works for u though..gd luck!!

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Wednesday, August 22, 2007 4:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home