笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

D. R. E. A. M. - Team creativity

Went for course in SIM again...this time - a team creativity course.

B4 start of course I already have homework - to think of a metaphor most suitable to represent myself. Think ablou it for afew days...and finally came out with this picture which I draw myself :



We laerned that a metaphor is worth a thousand pictures, and a picture is worth a thousand words. so I think the picture is self explainatory...anyone needs further explaination?

---------------------------------

DREAM - stands for Dream, Review, Expand, Assess, Manage.

Basically we are taught to use Metaphors / Excursions / Paradoxs / Doodling / Analogies to brainstorm for connections in order to do the seemingly impoosible thing - connect the key word to the task and force fit a possible solution.

Since there is only 9 course participants, the is no escape but have to get involved in alomost every exercise and I am happy that in the process, it make me learn more and have a deeper understanding of the process after numerous attempts to utilise/ apply what we learn to generate ideas and solve problems.

Key of success - use a metaphor / keyword that is as wacky and as fun and as strange as possible. Further away the metaphor from the task...the brain juice will flow even faster.

-----------------------------------------------

On a separate topic, I have also just completed my 3rd technical articles. With this writing i will be soon earning my 1st $1000for commercial writing. Not an astronomical amount but I see it as a good start and i gaves my alot of self confidence along the way too. The apprehension at the very 1st article is now gone and thet ime used write each article is gettting less and less too.



I think the megazine is rather happy with my contributions so far too. They wanted a meeting early Aug to discuss about my "expanded role". Don't know how much time the new offer will take up my evening rest time...but will really need to balance the exposure / reward and resource required to make a final decision.


------------------------------------------------


Tried to use the concept learnt to solve for the task : "how to balance new role with work/family". Got a few clues now as a start...rather be compact n critical contributor than try to take on too much than i can afford to spare the time and end up not seemed to be important. Hahaha this is the cue by darwing analogy to the army rifle magazine.


Next year when I have a new PEM, will be asking them to draw a metaphor besr representing themselves too...it will enable me to know them better and also memorising their names against the metaphor will be much easier too! sounds fun...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home