笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Coures on Think, Act, Speak,Listen!

Wow - this course is content rich and contain some powerful materials.

I actually sign up for this course to improve more on my listening skills...but in turn pick up some very useful pointers in positive thinking instead. So much so that I have to take a step back and need to devote more time to digest the contents again before I see the real full picture.
I wrote in my course review and feedback : "This is the one of the rare course of which if you put your heart and soul into it, it will change your life."

Already in the steam room at 10pm I was thinking away and starting to have questions to ask the instructor again to clarify already. As soon as I hear from her on the e-mail, i will ask her to enlighten me and meanwhile all I can do is to watch the DVD "the secret" and try to understand more about the power of positive thinking.


It was an enjoyable 3 days together, inspired by true life stories of Elisabetta.




Just want to share some notes with you all now that I browse through my taken notes during the course again:

How much you get from this course really depends on how much effort you give. - How true. This principle applies to the classroom back in school too.


When I have Awareness - Then I have a Choice!! Many people claims that they are not aware, so it's important to creat that awarerness...once that they are aware, then what ever they do afterwards is actually their choice. They chooseto change..they choose to continue...


Playing abit of soothing music during break - Good idea, at times my breaks are rather casual...didn't really prepare anything...despite seeing afew instructors showing me the door....but this time I will start doing it for the 10 mins break during 2 hours lecture.


Being too much altruistic can be as damaging as being selfish!! when a certain strength is getting out of balance...then it is no longer a strength, it become an area of improvement!! the Art -- is finding a balance.


Failures and mistakes are fertilizers!! If you want to be successful - get as many fertilisers as you can!! JUST DON'T REPEAT THEM!!!


Goal setting - very important action. I knew already that already from previous training...but somehow are not motivated enough to act on it. This time the facilitation is simplier ..just write down " I want ...."...guess what..I wrote down I want landed property (half jokingly) in the course and everyone laughs.


After the goal setting then come the visualisation part. I have also learnt about this in playing golf...and I found that I am an amatuer in this. I need to put in abit more effort in this area.
So setting up the Vision Board is an immediate task when I reach office next week.


Five Steps to change to +ve thinking :
1) Awareness - rememer once u are aware, u can start making choice
2) Take responsibilty. I want / I think... rather than you...you...
3) FOUCS - live the moment now and enjoy it!! (活在当下!!)Focus on what u actually can do too!
4) Action!! Goal setting / visualise /commitment / practise practise practise
5) Discipline - simply belive it will change for the better and have faith in it. (I actually want to type dun give up but then it's realise that it's already an negative thoughts)


Use positive thoughts/words NOT negative thoughts /words - eg.
pro peace NOT anti war
pro abundance NOT anti hunger remember - What U resist - it persists!!


Time to rap up and prepare for my Kukup trip tomorrow morning...will definitely share more with you once I have the chance to go through the DVD in details later. Cheers!!


oh one more..important one too!! we must say : I have a anger emotion NOT I am angry.

The emotion you have IS NOT YOU!!! and once you realise that the anger is something you have,,,like something you can hold on..then you can also can easily let go!!! (But later I try to say I have a hunger feeling but realise that i cannot control this feeling much...so i guess i still have to say I am hungry. hahahaha)


8 Comments:

  • Hi Sir,

    Just came back fr work & I saw this entry. I really think this is a very good entry & I think I also learn sth from here. Awy, hope u guys have fun in the Kukup trip ya!

    Warmest regards,
    anna

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, June 14, 2007 12:40:00 AM  

  • Yoyo,

    tis entry very meaningful... although it is jus another way of looking at things, but it certainly feels different! i'm always prepared for the worst(pessimistic) so i tried a few examples on myself, it certainly feels different and will definitely apply it on my army days... Anyway, I'm also packing my stuff..............for army :( haha enjoy!

    Cody

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:48:00 AM  

  • I am using positive thinking now...i wanna move into ur condominium unit....chant chant chant...when will it come true?

    *waiting*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, June 15, 2007 10:20:00 PM  

  • just 1 brief conter promt that my house has some "strange" happenings..u straight away say u will nv want to move any more...

    u see..your negative thoughts is still so much stronger on your positive thoughts...need to improve alot still!!!

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Friday, June 15, 2007 10:40:00 PM  

  • That's why after some thinking..I again insist I wanna move in..this is to train my positive thinking..

    To help you...eh..you have to spare a room out for me..preferably away from the toilet..hehe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, June 15, 2007 10:50:00 PM  

  • *me

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, June 15, 2007 10:50:00 PM  

  • Nice one! Thanks for sharing your experience! I guessed those who reads this entry will also benefit from it too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, June 17, 2007 12:30:00 AM  

  • I tried to make a backup copy of the DVD and it was protected...I think I must seek help from someone who can help me on this...will be abit late to pass on the DVD.

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Sunday, June 17, 2007 5:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home