笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Proper typing skill

One of the action items i mentioned previously and was determined to follow up after the Time Mangement Curse is to learn proper typing skill.

I managed to buy a typing training CD when I was shopping at Popular Bookstore. And for the past 3 weeks I was disciplined enough to spend about an hour a day average to learn / practise typing -- starting from scratch -- properly!!

Many students who came into my room will know i actually typed with only 3-4 fingers previously. Actually my self-trained "螳螂功" was not too bad ...think i can managed 20 wpm at least. But that will be the maximum limit with so few fingers used; and also...I need to look at the keyboard all the time!! If without light - I will not be able to type at all.


So after 3 weeks of constant progression, I am now finally reaching lesson 43 of 50. Now I know and can type slowly all the letters A to Z without looking at the keyboard! And I am very happy to say that I actually typed this blog entry slowly but using the correct finger techniques!!

What is left in the last few lessons in the CD are the position of comma, fullstop, shift, tap keys etc etc. and some revisions and tests. Yes I will spend maybe another 1 week to complete them. but what is significant tonight is that i will switch my typing style across to the proper way from now on. There is just no turning back.

Christof have been very encouraging all along... assuring me that it maybe abit painful and even inefficient at the beginning...but slowly it will get better and will definitely be beneficial to me. I believe he is right...I am pressing on strongly.

I really think the skill will be even more useful to my son!! With his pianist fingers and no previous wrong training...he can really learn well and save alot of time in the future!! now is the perfect time to train him as he just finished his p4 exams...so plenty of time now!!

Hey...anyone of you out there is also using 3-4 fingers typing technique and wanted to change and improve?? With the CD training is so simple and easy...thanks to technology!! Let me know if you are interested to learn the proper way of typing too!




4 Comments:

  • Hey sir, i can see u put in a lot of effort in learning proper typing skill. U will sure be successful. Jia you ba!!!

    PY

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, October 26, 2007 9:09:00 AM  

  • Hmm?? I thought your son would have learn the proper typing skill in his primary school?? My pri sch taught me how to type properly through a software prog as well.

    Yeah, I felt that learning skill like that is useful too..type faster in msn LOL!! No worries, sooner or later, you won't have to look at the keyboard to type as well~ HAHAHAHA Jia you, jia you~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, October 28, 2007 4:31:00 PM  

  • Woa Liao...just found out lesson 1-50 is only the beginner course, still have another 50 to go for intermediate and another 40 lessons for advance. looks like it will take me awhile to complete at least the intermediate section!!

    Really must jia you le la!!!!

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Monday, October 29, 2007 10:07:00 AM  

  • i also had learn a bit of the typing in pri... but still i ended up using... 70% of total number of my fingers? actually think it's okay to have a style that suits you well can already... no need too many lessons....

    Wan Ee

    By Blogger little_wolf_alexa, at Monday, November 26, 2007 3:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home