笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Shopping for books again

Sent my car for 100,000 km service today during lunchtime @ AMK. While waiting for the car to be worked on, I took a slow walk back to AMK Jubilee to visit the popular bookshop.

It's end of the semester again and my book stock is running low....so need to beef up the selections of books available for the coming book prizes. While browsing through...found 4 new books for ChaiLan (蔡澜) quickly grab them into my basket too.

As for the more serious books, I found a new book from the old series called "Rules of Love". together with Rules of Life / Wealth / work - this year I have 4 books from this series for the students to choose from. Did not buy the other 2 - Rule of parenting / rules of management - dunt think the students are ready the the 2 topics yet. Me? me also not ready the above 2 ...heheheh.

In addition of the above - There is 3 other selections : "Word power made easy" for those who want to improve their English, "The last lecture" for the sentimantals, and a new gadget book "The Secret Daily teaching" - for those who watch the DVD and maybe wanted to follow up to read abit more and practise some of the useful tips in life.



so 7 choices for 6 winners...that should be enough I guess.
Winners of the SP module already been decided. 4 more from ISLP will be known by next week. Are you one of them? If you receive a call from me...maybe then you are the deserved winners!!! So watch out!!
-----------------

P.S.-
After buying the books I had lunch in that quiet teahouse @ 2nd level to read my new books. The waitress still recognised me and asked me if there were more students coming later to play settlers with me.

This semester is really rushy because of X'mas /new year / OH09/ CNY etcetc so many lessons were affected. In the end I didn't even have chance to introduce the game to them yet. Also with 14 days less leave...I am not sure If I can carefreely take 1/2 days off to play settlers with them at AMK...those were the days....

2 Comments:

  • Of course she would have recognised you. With so many people playing settlers there, it can bring in revenue for them too! :)
    Hope to have a settlers session soon. We can also play zhong ji mi ma! :D

    By Blogger 제니, at Friday, February 06, 2009 10:27:00 AM  

  • oh we did play ZZMM in CNY....student Y is the star of the show!! She ate close to 25 pineapple tarts!! n grow fat instantly...ahahhaha...oops better dun let her know i write this...

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Sunday, February 08, 2009 5:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home