笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Monday, December 07, 2009

推拿不等于按摩

I was sending my son to his violin lesson on Sunday. Instead of waiting boringly in the music centre for 1 hour, I decided to have a wlk around in the neighbourhood.

At the bottom of the building, I found this medical hall chain 马光 clinic. The cost of a 30 mins TCM 推拿 looks quite reasonable. So i think it will be a good way to relax for 30 mins and get my muscle relaxed.

The therapist who attended me is a qulaified TCM physician and accupunchrist. He is also quite bulky build. Asked me if I had been treated before, and replied "only occassional massage". Then he tab around my back muscle and told me my muscles are all very stiff and if i can endure pain. I replied, I think can tahan abit lor....

Then to my horror the physician actually started to relax my stiff muscles - BY USING HIS BODY WEIGHT PRESS HARD UPON HIS PIN POINTED ALBOW ONTO MY ACCUPUNCTURE POINTS.

For the next 10-15 mins is nothing but pure painfulness. all over my back and shoulder. Starting to see stars in my eyes. He told me to shout if I cannot take it...the problem is I am so painful that I cannot even shout....so he thinks it's OK and add 10-15% extra strength every time asking if I was ok.....

below are some conversation we strike during the session:

“痛不痛?”
“。。。。还好啦。。。。(猛流冷汗)”
“喔? 你要是在战场上,会是个英雄。”
“吓?为什么?“
“你很会忍痛! 被敌军拷打,应该可以承受得起,哈哈哈。“
“可是我不会忍饿怎么办?“
“通常啊,第一次来推拿的客人,一般都痛得呱呱叫,跳起来的都有。“
“噢? 我觉得痛是痛, 但还好啦。。。况且我又死爱面子“
“但你居然吭都不吭一声, 很会耐痛。“
“我是老师,麻木了。。。“
“噢?你站得久会麻木吗??“
“不。。。教书较久了,吐血吐多了, 人就麻木了。“
“哈哈,你真幽默。乱乱讲。“

So in the end, my muscles are very relax, but very painful. Butyou feel light and good strangely. My shoulder and back strain are gone. And he told me 2 conclusions after the session:

"1. your are really a tough guy...
2. your health and back are OK"

After so many years, I finally realise : 推拿不等于按摩!! 推拿 is really hard core massage!!! Dun try it unless you are ready for the pain!!

4 Comments:

  • hahaha, this is what google translate does:

    It hurts? "
    "。。。。 Okay 。。。。( Meng flow cold sweat) "
    "Oh? If you do on the battlefield would be a hero."
    "Scare? Why?"
    "You're reluctantly! Be tortured enemy should be able to afford this, and Ha ha ha."
    "But I will not tolerate how hungry do?"
    "Usually ah for the first time massage customers are generally able in pain, jumped up in there."
    "Oh? I think the pain is pain, but it was not so bad... Moreover, I was dead about face-saving"
    "But you do not actually throat throat heard, it will be resistant to pain."
    "I am a teacher, numb..."
    "Oh? You stand such a long time will numb do??"
    "No... Teaching longer, and vomiting blood vomit more people on the numb."

    Notice the stantence structures in english! funny! - angel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, December 07, 2009 5:47:00 PM  

  • hmmm..not very good google translation...70% only...can be better :)

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Tuesday, December 08, 2009 1:33:00 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, December 12, 2009 12:03:00 PM  

  • Certainly. I join told all above. We can communicate on this theme.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 05, 2010 5:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home