笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Monday, November 05, 2007

Typing progress update

Had been really dilligently exercising with my typing CD for the last week ...hence very little time to worry about the blog entry.

Basically the good news is - I have successfully completed and passed the 50 lessons of the beginner class. So I am OK now for typing a - z in small letters. My speed of typing using the correct fingering method is about 20 words per minute.

Right now I am working on the Intermediate Course - lesson 10 so far...

The first few lessons had been very hard for a man with stiff fingers. Need to suppress the left n right SHIFT keys for capital letters now and I always failed to stretch my last finger properly. If I moved my whole hand diagonally down ...then I always failed to go back to the original position.

Eventually Ah Meng reminded me to use the pertruding dot on the keyboard to recognised the F and J keys. That really helps alot in finding my way back to the right position and I make much less errors after that. Managed to pass the tests with ease now for the last few lessons. Curret typing speed with capital letters - dropped t0 12-15 words...but I will try to do better once I get more n more used to the SHIFT / CTRL keys.

Hope to press on to further my progress in the intermediate stage. My very conservative aim is to complete all the 40 lessons by end November.

My son also spends 30-45 mins daily on the typing exercise...currently completed lesson 10 ...hope he will at least finished beginner course by the end of the month too.

Until then....all is well...back dun ache much now...till I write again next time...

4 Comments:

  • HAHAHA!! You're very diligent nya!! Hmm Ctrl and Shift ar..dunno about you, usually i position both my palm on the extreme side of keyboard..with the pinky on the Caps Lock and the other on the Enter, like tat pinky are in-charge with those shift, ctrl,cap, enter button. Those in the middles, can use the rest of the fingers to type. Dunno if there's any much help, but continue to jia you ba..lol still got a long to go~ :x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, November 07, 2007 12:46:00 AM  

  • Oh...

    No wonder yi fan every night send offline msg to me ask why I offline..Dun tell me he use me to practise T_T. Anyway help me let him know these few weeks I will be too busy to online to chat with him. Everything wait till 30Nov. Thanks ah.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, November 07, 2007 8:30:00 PM  

  • yo...just the latest progress update :

    passed 1-20 in intermediate now...but i realised that the softwear position of " @ ~ # $ are all different my dell keyboard!! absolute confusing!!

    Later christof told me that it's a UK softwear and my keyboard is a US type that's why...

    so I guess I just go repeating lesson 1-20 on the captial letters will do.

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Monday, November 12, 2007 9:50:00 AM  

  • jiayou!!

    By Blogger little_wolf_alexa, at Monday, November 26, 2007 3:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home