笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Friday, July 04, 2008

VIVA 2008S1

It's VIVA week and students are busy revising their notes taken during their safety videos (or are they really??) This semester I decided to inspect their notes before offering them their score. Maybe next sem I will even stamp their notes to prevent passing the notes around...that's continuous improvement. :)

During the 1st class only 1 student (Ah Lun) opt for the camera VIVA....and score better than offered. Class 2 ZM was also not happy with the her marks and opt for camera...and score 98!!

When I told class 3 the stories...2 wanted to try their luck, unfortunately both did not do their home work thoroughly enough and their points dropped instead.

Last class to di VIVA is B4, which is also my specialty Chem class. This semester we have spent considerable time together in the class room and they have more or less understand my delivery style abit better than others. I guess me and them, both parties are relaxed about jokes and can also take jokes too.


I did plan to get HQ as my camera target, and purposely showed them the law of attraction video too to state my point: "DO NOT FOCUS ON THING YOU DO NOT WANT!!" I bet she has been thinking NO VIDEO NO VIDEO NO VIDEO for the past 3 nights and then she realised that the law of attraction do not take the NO into account...she what she get is the VIDEO.
The rest of class are also fun to deal with. Many improptu laughters and action just to get extra 2-3 marks. I think that is a good sign that they are happy with my way of conducting deliverries.
Kabir, though being the oldest (in fact much older) in the class...I can see he is actually very fun loving despite studying very hard. SCBA/SKI360 and now VIVA. He has already surpassed stage of worrying about marks, and just want to do VIVA for fun.
At this point I suddenly remember one quote :
" years down the road, the syudents will forget what you actually teach them in class...but what they will remember...is the way you made them feel."
I certain hope they can remeber this session. :)

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home