笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Yi Fan playing piano

We bought the 1st piano originally for our daughter. After 2 years of learning and still stuck at grade 2...she finally admit she do not have the interest in playing it. We decided to keep it for awhile longer just to allow Yi Fan to try if he like it. In the end it was a good decision not to dispose of the piano. BINGO!!

His current piano teacher is my HJC classmate. I once gave tuition to her two cute little sisiters for 2 years in Science. Still remember the days where we go Swensen for lunch together every month pay day.

Now that she is coaching Yi Fan, I think I pay back all the money I earned back to her already,...probably with interests too. hahahahahha.

Yi Fan is rather fond of writing his own compositions. We always allow time to let his manually scribble his own music ideas. From Grade 1/2 where he start writing short compositions like "the little cat" , "the cloudy sky" etc...till now his works are more mature.

Of all, I like this piece the most : (need to bribe him with a Ferrari 599 toy to allow me to video him)

It's has nice tune and also certain "grandness" about it. Used to fall asleep in while he plays this during weekends. It;s nice to have music in the family rather than quarrels isn't it?

Last week I spoke with the piano teacher regarding the local Uni music degree course. She said : "In terms of world music scene...singapore uni degree is ...nobody. Yi Fan is much better than that...dun waste his talent here...go overseas instead."

Woa cham...there goes my retirement fund!!!

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home