笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Monday, September 22, 2008

Mid autumn BBQ

It's been awhile we try to organise a gathering for the staff in school...last time we tired, intended to go JB for Go-carting, yet the next week some terrorist escaped and the customs was jammed pack ever since. So we never actuall fullfill that plan after all.



So I tried to organise a BBQ to celebrate term break and Moon appreciation last friday. About 20 turn up so the number is just nice to fit in the BBQ pit. Too bad many of the new staff who just joined us couldn't make it so there is no chance to show the graduate students their faces.


Food arrived v v early.

I spoke to the caterer about the ariival time:-
"please send the food after 5pm, can? "
"Sorry ... but I have no control over the driver.....Isn't there anybody home to received the goods earlier?"
"Sorry but I have no control over my wife... so you need to come after 5pm."


Quantity is just nice and the quality is really good. Thanks for the good recommandation and planning of Lulu and Xiao Peng You. Thanks to HuiLeng for the hard work of being the BBQ master too. I like the chicken wings alot.

Planned to have afew special guests ...in the end only Ah Ler turn up. The x-DTs are all busy with their Uni life. BB say my place is too far from NUS...i think she is hinting somethink but I pretend to act blur.




With the guys busy chatting away on work issues, children busy playing around the pool / playground and fireworks, ladies busy touring my house...I think all did have a good time.


4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home