笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Thursday, February 14, 2008

超级星光大道

One of the TV shows I enjoyed watching in the evening with my wife is the Taiwanese Singing competition show, SuperSG. In the season 1 from the road from Top 10 to the Grand Final, we sat and watch and try to predict who will be out next round. It was the time I get to know the song "你是我的眼". It has been quite awhile since my last job that i was touched by a song and that night I remember I was listening to that song via BaiDu and trying to sing along the whole evening. (Older and without practise and shouting in lecture everyday...my standard has really dropped drastically).

My favourite part of the show is actually listen to the comments of the judges (just like Superday show judge 黄舒骏). And it has really ben an eye opener to hear what the judges actually want from the singer when it comes to a certain minimum level. No longer at this stage, completing a song without a miss-key and without forgetting the lyrics is considered perfect!! Many occasions, I remembered, that the judges told the singer - you must sing with your heart and try to touch us!!

I must admit this has somehow affected me lately and I am not sure it is a good or bad thing for the coming batch of Pbp students coming back from attachment to make their final presentation. For the past 1 week I was working with them on their powerpoint slides drafts, and finally to their 1st take of their mock presentation. Maybe they are still nervous and unprepared and amybe I was expecting too much from them as a 1st take....they really have lot to improve, so much to tell them. (They present for 10 minutes and I spend 30 mins pointing out obvious improvement area to them...I actually loogi alot!!)

Just want to say that it strikes me that the coming PBP presentation is like the SuperSG for the students...all wanted to do well, all have put in quite alot of effort, and some of course, are better prepared than the other in the end. Some just have better talent, some stands out by putting more effort via practise, practise, practise. We will judge you using a higher standard...just to let you know where you can actually improve...before you make the same mistakes again in front of other people in the industry. Comments we make may not be music to your ears...but remember these are the pinters that will make you a better presenter...if you want to be that is.

I expect many students will complete the presentation without forgetting the lyrics, those who can do that can already get quite high marks. Some may even sing off-keys, some choose the wrong song totally. They have to settle for 2nd best....

But really it will be great to spot someone who can come up and present the 10 minutes show "with your heart" and touched the audience. You dun get too many of these gems...I keep on using student B as an exapmle last semster as an example. Her statement "Almost send GHH to GH" was a stroke of genius and successfully turn the awkard situation arund and using humor in the process too!!

are you ready the coming Pbp presenters - it's your 超级星光大道!!! I am ready!!!

4 Comments:

  • U like that song too?

    I have got that song live de..sang by yoga during his competition if u wan let me noe..i send to u...

    LT

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, February 15, 2008 12:57:00 AM  

  • yes Yoga sing that song to perfection and score 25 full marks that night!!! That y he actually make me want to know who is the originally singer. Then after hear from Xiao the compose...I think he can somehow "touch" me even more...because of the originality and personal feeling.

    By Blogger 鸿图, at Saturday, February 16, 2008 1:16:00 PM  

  • Hi, read up ur blog aft u msg me on msn. Im honored to have this decicated to me. Din expect "almost send GHH to GH" to be an example, cos at the point of time when i prepare the slides for the presentation, i remembered i brought in lots of trouble to u during my attachment days. Its kind of remind me to thank my people who help me get through the tough days. hehe. Thanks for bring me through! I appreciate it.

    Thanks! :)

    Student B

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, February 16, 2008 7:33:00 PM  

  • True because the original singer is blind but yoga voice is somewhat nicer.

    LT

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, February 16, 2008 9:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home