笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Saturday, December 29, 2007

满载而归!!

Thoroughly enjoyed my 11 Day trip to Taiwan this year. For this trip, beside visiting some old familiar places that we really like (eg 士林night market, Book shops at 重庆北路,九份,瑞芳,莺歌), we also visited some new places - like 嘉义,阿里山,奋起湖,三峡,猫空,布袋.

Also tried the High speed rail (300km/hr) to JiaYi and the slow mountain rail ( 15km/hr ) up the Alisan mountain top. Both are very enjoyable and new life experience to us.

Basically the 11 days we just repeat the same pattern of life - 买东西看东西吃东西买东西看东西吃东西买东西看东西吃东西...........

Came back with 60kg of lugguage, very happy that my back didnt give me ant trouble while carrying them along the trip. So let me share with you some of the things that I bought back -




From the above - 14 books / 4 DVDs / Pineapple tarts / Baileys for DT A



Milk candies (from FengQiHu) / Almond biscuits (from JiuFeng) / Cheery blossom tart (Alisan) / rice wine (Alisan) / Square snowflakes buscuits (jiaYi) / gratutute stones pink+ yellow (from YingGe) / Bamboo carcoal beans (JiuFen)


Alisan coffee / Cow + goat milk candies (fengqihu) / Roast pork flakes (Fengqihu) / Tealeaves century egg (RuiFang)


Some wood carvings from YingGe - the same shop we bought last time. This time..the 70 yr old shopkeeper is retiring..no one to take over so shut down sales...we enjoyed a huge discount (>70%) but are sad too...we won't see him again the next time when we come visit this nice pottery town!!


Last but not least - my wife's favourite - 4 pieces of such angel decorations bought at YingGe. Non-breakable and light, they come in various bright colours too!! Nice.

I have already have an idea about the theme about our next visit to taiwan again - - 花莲- 屏东纵谷/ 民宿. Problem is I am not sure where exactly we will be visiting next Dec 08...could be China / Euro ...too early too tell.

6 Comments:

  • wahhh....TAIWAN.... wo ye yao~~~~~~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, December 30, 2007 2:35:00 AM  

  • 买东西看东西吃东西买东西看东西吃东西买东西看东西吃东西...........

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, December 31, 2007 10:52:00 AM  

  • haha... such a fruitful trip indeed.. those stuff u bought back is awesome i guess.. enjoy munching off those goodies n reading off those books =)

    btw happy 2008!! n all e best!

    - dolphin -

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, January 02, 2008 8:18:00 AM  

  • I thought those wood carvings were very nice, esp the clock. :)

    Looks like I gotta brush up on my mandarin to experience the true essence of Taiwan, should I have the opportunity to go in future.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, January 02, 2008 8:59:00 PM  

  • long time no comments from me ah.. shiok la, 11 days in Taiwan! me only JB lor.. good that u had fun and happy 2008!

    my sch starting on the 14th, so if u free can have a settlers day before my sufferings start. Hmm, next wk is open house right? so u all will be very busy, see how ba..

    LSL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, January 03, 2008 10:29:00 AM  

  • Hah..Mr Goh Thanks for the Baileys..~!

    DT A

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, January 03, 2008 11:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home