笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Friday, December 07, 2007

Shopping spree at Kinokuniya

It's year end and my membership in Kinokuniya is almost expiring. So took a half day leave to visit taka branch to renew my membership and at the same time shop for some books for the new year and for distinction students.

While browsing through the English section, glad to see the have stock up the book on "word power made easy". Bought afew copies of that for the coming semester school leavers.

The proceeded to the Business section and shop for "Rules of Life" / "rules of work" / "management " / "wealth" etc...discovered that the author has now written a new book on "rules on parenting". Even more surprising is that the books are now available in AUDIO format!!

That will allow some people like me who prefer to listen at appropriate time rather than to read (cos eye sight really not getting any better...so would rather to reserve for my favourite reading. ) This will also provide extra choice / options for the 4 students per semester for their own preferred present.


Last but not least, slowly spent another hour at the Chinese section. The catch of the day is the new book by HOU WEN YONG. After 4 long years...his new novel is finally ready. I also bought some of his newly printed old books too. I think I have now his full collection. Beside JingYong...he is another author that I really determined to shop and collect his complete work.
Last but not least is Liu Yong's latest of Don't be Fool No.5. It's about medical industry and also quite a nice read. It's explore quite afew interesting cases about doctors' own self conciencious vs survining in the competitive industry. I guess I am lucky, as a teacher, pressure faced was never as high compared to the man in white rope.
Immedaitely started on the new novel of Hou...so far so good. Not sure i can finished it b4 the holiday...will be really heavy to carry this thick book all the way to Taiwan...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home