笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Monday, July 28, 2008

National Stadium



Buzan says the brain always remember the 1st and / or the last things much much clearer. It's called the Primacy and Recency effect. How true.

I still can remember my very 1st football match watched live...at Jalan Basar Stadium. It's a local Singapore Div 1 match between Tempanies Rovers and Farrer Park United. That was when I was in Sec 2 then. Tempanies was my favourie team then...hosting the Quah brothers of Singapore football. Kim Song / Kim Seak and Kim Lye all in the same team. I can still remember my Idol Kim Song scored that night and Tempanies win 2-0 eventually. As a young first timer there in the stadium you can bet I was thrilled then by what I saw and experienced.

My last match watched live....it's in National Stadium. Singapore vs North Korea world cup qualifier. The star of the match is a young boy call Fandi Ahmad, at 20-21 years old. He scored twice that night and Singapore beat N Korea 3-1. That was the last time I watched the Singapore national team played live too.

I spent 2.5 years in England...sad to say I never watch a live match there...Travelling to Manchester on Sat is a real hassel...and tickets are always sold out. Only chance is for Man U to travel on away matches and the closest team in Div 1 then is Swindon Twon. They didn't survive long and was demoted soon. Oxford also not doing welll then. So in the end i didn't even visited The theatre of Dreams. Just TV live matches instead.

Tonight i may have a chance to visit the grand old National Stadium. It's Singapore Selection vs Brazil Olympics team. Hope it don't rain in the evening. I have past the age of being crazy enough to watch them play in the rain. Nor to send $120 to sit in covered seat. So it depends on the weather. Hope to take a pict of the stadium finally b4 it get demolished for the new one.


Certainly if I manage to walk along the stadium entry / path / seats ...it will bring back lot of memory. It always good to manage feel what u feel 25 years ago...

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home