笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Monday, February 23, 2009

End of semester!!! OUTINGS!!!

After 19 weeks, the semester comes to an end and both the students and myself are all relieved it's finally all over. No more lab reports to hand in (for my case is to mark them), no more exams, no more presentation (review / rehearsal for me).


I use today as the best time to gather all othe active students who are joining my Krabi and Batam tours for $$$ collection and briefings. While waiting for afew students to finish thier final pbp presentation, I actually have time to train tp some students on playing the Settlers boardgame. So at least in this semester I manage to have 8 more student expose to the game. I hope the enjoyed the session and in the process....have lots of fun. :)




As per other previous batches, good friends scold each other during the game and nice timid girl utter shXX when frustrated when robbed or monopolised. hahaha this game really bring out the true character of many.

After settle the tour collection and chores, I initially intended to bring those interested bowlers for have some fun in Grassrool club nearby. Only then I was told the alley was close almost 2 years ago...I last bowl there with my PEM 0501 in their 1st year....wowo that shows that I have not bowl since 3 years ago!!


Anyway we then made a quick change of plan and proceed to the nearest allet - Yishun SAFRA club instead. My visit there so it's a new experience to see the club. Almoast change my mind togo for massage / air rifle/karaoke upon arriveing there and found out there are so much more things to do there.

Anyway we pair up and decide on the forfeit - bottom teams to buy drinks for the top pairs. My partner is the muscular Bruce Lee looking Tai from malaysia. (he forgot to take steriods on that day unfortunately). But just when I thought I am going to buy drinks, the other pairs also did not manage to do any better....


Just take a look at the score line and u can image how close the game is...in the last 2 fram I have to use the Law of attarcation to make the last 4 balls go into the drain. IT WORKS!!!! 73 vs 72 yowhoo!!!





Also another pleasant surprise of the day is the ladies pair actually topped the whole group!! This is totally beyond my imagineation really. At my times of youth ...I mean maybe 30 years ago....this is unthinkable. Maybe nowadys they play more computer bowling than actual bowling for fun.





But nevertheless I am sure we all have a good time...It's also nice to see students from both program join in and have outing together. It's not easy to plan and rare too.





After that we proceed to Changi sailing club as there is a BBQ / Chalet function organised by the students. Just as soon as the basic stuff are settled, the can't wait to start palying poker and this is the first time i have a chance to ask abit more details on Texas fold'em poker too. At least I learn a new game this session. :)






Term break is here!!! It's time to relax !!!! can't wait for next outing!!! next up : Tue 24 Feb : BATAM!!!




3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home