笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Check ups/ follow up

Just like an engine that had been used for too long...our body also need to be sent to the workshop for serviceing and maintenance to be sure evert thing is OK. Especially when you are over 40+.

Rather lucky and also surprise that the life insurance policy that I bought cover for a full scale screening this year. So best time to utilise this free screenings is of course during the term break.

Did multiple testings at the medical centre...including ultra sound scan / X rays / cancer tracing etc which took almost half days rotating from 1 station to another. Of all, I fear the the follwing test the MOST....blood test.

Maybe its the amount of blood they need is quite alot...or I am just scared stiff...but it really feel like ages for the male nurse to take my blood sample. I had to look away, like always, cos I will see stars at the sight of blood. (Oops...my secret revealed!!)...but from little pain to more and more twitching to get more blood...asking me to open/clentch/open...till it's getting really uncomfortable...finally the test is over. (mind you my blood pressure is measured to be normal and not low).

I had to lie down for another 5 mins before the stars goes away and proceed to another station.

Then after all these test : the posting of results. Spend another 1 hour in the medical centre to wait for my turn to see the doctor and discuss the results together. And the outcome:- all is well except that total n bad cholestrol / ratio are high....250mg/dl vs 200 acceptable.

So no choice had to cut down the intake of chicken rice / char kway tiao / beef steak / ice cream in order to bring it down....if I want to. More exercise will also help to a certain extent. So wife's order is to climb up 12th story everyday back to home instead of usnig lift. I may use this excuse to buy a ipod - touch to listen to music while start going to gym downstairs.

In addition I went for a sleep test (at home ) and the result also show that there are sign of block airway during sleep. That may be explains why I am getting abit tired nowadays. Or maybe it's just that I sleep too little generaly. (6hrs/day).

Currently on trial for 2 wks to see if the air pump / mask does improve my sleep. If yes then will be a good investment to make my health/sleep abit better.

In a way i am greatful and my body is still serving me well...another check up is in 2 years time (oh no...blood test again!!??). ....

2 Comments:

  • Woot!! Blood test..the last time i had bad experience with drawing blood was during attachment sia..lol I too am SUPER scare of the blood..suai suai the nurse could not draw enough blood on my elbow and drew it from my hand!! BOTH HANDS SOMEMORE...T___T want to cry le..first time drew blood from hands sia..sigh scary..hehe

    By Anonymous Hua, at Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:56:00 PM  

  • hor hor.. NO BnJ Ice Cream then on 21 Apr..wahahaha!!!!
    Anyway, received NTU letter. am accepted in Material Engg. =) But still will work first. Thanks for your concern that time. take care alrights?? hee.

    By Anonymous Kai Jing, at Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home