笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Sunday, February 17, 2008

07S2 safety paper

Its time for the final year safety exam again!! Usually it's also the last exam for the final year students. Every semester when I set up the preperations, I need to go thorugh 4 rounds of distribution : -

Round 1 : - Question papers
round 2 : - Answer booklet
Round 3 : - Reference sheet
Round 4 : - Energy booster - Mentos!! (99% of the students took them so I guess they accepted it as a positive input).



However, I also took notice of what is left on the table after students have submitted their paper. This is what I found on some of the students's table :-



There are 5 of them who did that this sem. Perhaps these are the same students who regularly litter the LT after lectures as well...now I finally know who are they.

Only student 40 came back as he was told i was looking for No 40. When he ask me what's the issue and I told him he have left something on the table. He replied rather quickly and say "No nothing!!" and I reminded him again with exactly the same statment. Only after afew seconds of staring hard at the table top finally he realised what I was talking about. Finally he took them away with him.

The other 4 was not so lucky. They lost something in the process.

I played a couple of tricks in the exam question this year...one of them is the human response to current flow. I discussed with them in the lecture b4 that it only needs mA to kill one. They laughed at their seniors as they were trick by me last year as I removed the milli- sign. So this year when they see the milli - sign many of them thought I go back onto the right track, only to realised that I changed the A to a V after the milli. One even writes 1 mV = 1 mA.



so like i say in my lecture :- those who write die / die / die will die / die /die.



It is also very difficult to accept that these were the answers given by a 3rd year CPT students in the final exam. Something really went wrong somewhere...



Here is another example of showing student in a mixed up and confused state after 4 days of exams...



And there was this answer I see, I think the student really try to pull a fast one on me...Hoping that it will not read carefully...



Well the exams are finally over and all the best to your future adventures!! Have fun (like me while marking)!!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home