笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Rare outing @ midnight

It was 5.20pm and I was shuting down the computer....suddenly realised that Ah Meng have sent me a mail titled : "for those who can't sleep at night". Originally i thought it must be a ghost story or scary stuff (cos we just discussed some of these in the tea-break). But then it actually turn out to be a nice surprise.

SWENSEN PROMO AFTER MIDNIGHT!!!

I typed "see u all at Swensen tomorrow midnight." and left for home. They must thought I am joking...

Once reach home I was greeted with another nice piece of news...son did rather well in Science CA...highest in class!!. So I guess that 3 hours of show and tell before the DnD evening did him alot of good. Now reproduction , hopefully, will also become his pet subject, like like me...hahahahah.

Told my wife about the Swensen promo, she was in a good mood and did not object violently so I guess the outing is now ON.

Put up a message in my MSN...and soon I have queries from quite afew people.

"why?" - why not? / Just because....
"taxi expansive!" - Ok I sweeten it abit by offerring free coffee + snacks, if you stay in
Clementi / Bt batok / Yew Tee I can even drive you home.
"Need to work next day" - me too! / sleep abit during the evening lor
"wah $20 taxi for $5 free ice cream not worth leh" - friendship is priceless / yes I am crazy
"no energy after 12 midnight" - I am the reverse / dun tell me that until u reach 44

In the end...after numerous MSN conversations...7 finally confirmed coming out at midnight. Didn't know there is so much wired Owls like me in school!!

Look...if you don't do it now...do you think you can have more time / energy / oppurtunity to do it later...with the same friends?? Answer is quite clear...NEVER!!

Eating that free ice cream is probably just an excuse to something different for me. i hope they dunt come just because of the free ice cream too. It's means more than that to me. And i think it;s fun and worth loosing 2-3 hours of sleep over it.



In the end it was a frank and open 2 hours of chit chat. We talk about life, work experiences.Somehow i manage to pass that 2 hours without yawning for cooffee input. Drive them back to their desired destinations and reached home 2.45am and sleep at 3am.

Will I do it again...if there is another promo?? U bet!!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home