笑傲江湖 (削凹浆糊?) 2006

Friday, March 28, 2008

SIM course - Orgnaise for Max effectiveness

It's term break time again and for me it's get away time. Time to retreat to SIM to go for some courses to recharge myself and also hopefully learn news things.

Those of you who get into my room will know how messy it can be on top of my desktop....both the virtual and the real desktop. My filing system is also top of the scale...if you count from bottom up. Went for some time management / stress managemnt courses before in SIM, and each time I picked up some tips here and there which suits my style of sorting management. I guess it is also easier for one just to do abit of small changes at one time so the the transition is less painful. I am only human too.

So during this course I have again forced myself to pick up points of trigger to make changes for the good. Afew things that I jolted down for actions are :

1. Improve my organistion of home document filing system.
Split the inbox to Action / pending info / to File (esp insurance / warrenty / tax etc)
status : DONE!! I have done that straight after end of Day 1 as soon as I reach home.

2. It's about time to do spring cleaning on my wardrobe.
Wife mentioned a few shirts getting old and have slight torn parts...So I guess I need to donate such away and time to put on some new ones on the shelve(collecting dust).
Status : maybe tonight...but definitely b4 yerm start so I can wear new clothing for the new term :).

3. Kick start CL3363 specialty Chemical animation for e-Learning.
Contacted XN during day 1 tea break and very luckily to get her agree to work for me on the animations. Will see her next Monday for more detail briefing and see if she wants to work on the easy mode (WINKS) or tougher mode (FLASH).

4. To update my CL2308 puzzle pool. Found afew nice quotable quotes and will be using them during my CL2308 lecture breaks. Also, have also thought of a opening activities for the 1st lecture to ask the students to keep quiet and control their mouth.

5. Also thought of a starting actitvity for 1st tutorial. It's about the aware ness of internal problem vs the external problems. External we cannot control..why bother to be upset about? Internal ones - be aware- CHANGE!!

6 Have been asked to come up with a 1 hour magic show for school or private function purpose. Unfortunately my pasasion for magic has taken a dip recently...addicted to football management games so though there is 2 new tricks I learnt...I never really go out showing to others openly or to practise much for perfection.

Use the tools provided and list out the steps / thoughts / areas of concern / what if..... for this mission. I think I have a better idea now and it's just need a kick start to get the whole thing going. At least I feel more comfortable about the whole exercise now. Yes I can do it.

7 Also use the Bali trip in June as a discussion item during the course.
" Parents forbid students to join Bali graduation tour due to safety / security reason. What can be done??"

Here are the feedback from the course mates (who act as advisor) :-
Call parents individually to find out more
Assure them to be alert during tour
Nice to call but don't put pressure on parents
tell them I also bring my family along
Check if their child is the only child.
Suggest alternative locations like langkawi / phuket / etc

I wonder if I really should start making calls....

8. Last, but in fact the most interesting aprt of the course, is that during Day 2, a yound ldy participant approached me and say: " Do you know I am your students in NYP?"
"IS IT??!! Hmmm.....you must be from the pioneer batch CPT student!!"
"yes..."

The pioneer bunch are actually my seniors (they come to NYP 1 year before I do). I only have chance to teach them CL3301 lectures. And if you are the lucky ones that avoided me in tutorial / lab / PBP...then it was actually quite possible that u complete the CPT course without leaving much of an impreession in my mind.

Especially if you are not very naughty or not very smart or not having a same name as a monkey...or ape.

So it's a really small world and I have link up with yet another of the lost pioneers. Lucky I never doze off and snore away during the seminar.

9. I will also set up a new incoming paper file system...will ask for another 3 extra trays and better file the incoming papers. hopefully with this my desktop will look much better...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home